Rental Terms and Conditions
We at On Yer Bike Winery Tours will do everything to make sure your rental experience is a success and that you will have a great time. In order to ensure that you know exactly what our (and your) responsibilities are, please read the following terms and conditions.
Duration of hire and penalty for late return.
The renter agrees that the hire duration is from the time they take the bike, helmet and any accessories off our premises and must return the hired equipment by 4pm on the day of hire.
If the renter fails to return the equipment on or before 4pm on the day of hire, they agree that On Yer Bike Hawkes Bay Ltd reserves the right to charge an additional penalty fee of $10 per half hour to them for any unauthorised extension in addition to the current daily rental rate. You understand that On Yer Bike Hawkes Bay Ltd reserves the right to seek reparation of additional penalty fees from the person who initially made the booking and paid the deposit, if not settled by the renter when returning the equipment.
Use of the bicycle.
The renter accepts the bicycle in good condition, and commits himself/herself to return the bike in equally good condition, and to ride the bike respecting the rules and obligations outlined in the Land Transport Act 1998, as well as committing himself/herself:
- Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle.
- Not to ride the bicycle in a manner it was not designed for i.e. wheelies, skids, jumps or bicycle tricks.
- Not to ride the bicycle in a manner that may endanger the rider or other persons or road users.
- To return the bike to On Yer Bike no later than 4pm on the day of hire. A late return will be charged if the bike is returned later than 5pm on the day of hire of NZ$15 per bike.
- To be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment which, at all times, remains the exclusive property of On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd. In case any equipment hired out is lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the judgement of On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, the renter agrees to pay On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd the value to replace the equipment. The replacement charge will be as per the insurance section of this agreement and charged at the time of the rental.
- The renter is personally responsible to pay the excess on any insurance claim for loss or damage arising while they have the bike for hire.
- The renter agrees to comply with all Ministry of Transport and Police requirements when operating the bike, and in particular agree to wear the approved safety helmet supplied by On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited. The renter is personally responsible for any traffic infringements occurring while they have the bike for hire.
- The renter agrees not to operate the bike when I am intoxicated or under the influence of any drugs.
Rentals are available between 10 am and 4 pm, from Monday to Sunday (11 am to 4 pm Wednesday to Sunday from May to September). The return of all equipment must be made during this period or an additional fee will be charged for each late return.
Use of own bicycle
If you book people to come on our winery tour and you or one of your group uses your/their own equipment, we will charge the full amount as if you/they had taken one of our bicycles and helmets.
Charges for use / Insurance.
The renter agrees to pay current daily rental rate as printed in store or on this website, less any deposit paid online.
We recommend that you are adequately insured. We cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while on a ride or tour. It is also recommended that this insurance cover you in the event of cancellation of your trip.
Visitors to New Zealand must have full insurance due to limited ACC cover.
The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case a part of the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, the following additional fees will be charged:
– bikes lost/stolen: NZ$450 – Saddle: NZ$45 – Helmet: NZ$50 – wheel: NZ$75
Repairs and Maintenance
In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately to arrange for the exchange of a replacement bicycle.
Please read our full refunds and cancellation policy page
In the case of parties or groups that have booked in excess of their attended numbers, any refund of bikes hired will be subject to whether bikes can be re hired and whether other bookings have been turned away. Application for refunds will be made on a case by case basis by On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd management.
Accidents and Release of Liability
In consideration of the risk of injury while using a bicycle the renter accepts that they are voluntarily participating in this activity and are aware of the risks of participating in this activity and are renting the bike entirely at their own risk and agree that On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited, its directors, its employees and agents will not be liable for any personal injury, damage or loss the renter may incur or suffer as a direct result of participation in the this activity, including traveling to and from this activity.
If at any point, the renter rides with or without permission across private farmland the do so entirely at their own risk and agree that the land owners or On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited, its directors, its employees and agents will not be liable for any personal injury, damage or loss the renter may incur or occasion whilst on private land.
The renter is personally liable for the cost of any damage caused, either to the bike, or to themselves and any other person, or to property, while I have the bike for hire. I hereby indemnify On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited, its employees and agents and Philip and Chris Wilcock, from all liability for loss or damage caused to myself, other persons or property arising through the use of the bike.
The renter agrees to indemnify and hold harmless On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by the renter or anyone on their behalf, including legal fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by the renter or by anyone else acting on their behalf. If On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd incurs any of these types of expenses, they agree to reimburse On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd.
The renter acknowledges that this Activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, lack of hydration, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic and actions of others, including but not limited to, participants, spectators and other road users.
Stated rates may be subject to change without notice until payment or deposit has been made and confirmation provided. All prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, 1993 the renter agrees that any information gathered in the process of hiring a bicycle from On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd may be used exclusively by On Yer Bike Hawke‘s Bay Ltd, Ash Ridge Wines Ltd and Cardoness Estates for the purpose of marketing.
Confirmation of Acceptance
By signing a waiver at the point of hire the renter is acknowledging that they have read the terms and conditions, they fully understand its content and that these terms and conditions cannot be modified orally, and they agree to be bound by them.